Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our New Addition

The Jacobs family will be expanding this Fall with a new little baby.  We are eagerly looking forward to getting to meet the person responsible for all the kicking.  Zoey is fully expecting a girl to "pop" out (as she likes to phrase it), so we'll just have to wait and see what we have.  This new addition is due on October 27, 2010.

Things has been a little hectic with this baby vs. Zoey.  I have pre-existing hypertension, which is being monitored and controlled by meds (didn't need any the last time), and Gestation Diabetes for which I am taking Glyburide twice a day (it was managed with diet alone the last time) oh, and the baby's kidney's are dilated.  This means that in addition to seeing my regular OB/GYN, I now see the Perinatal doc.  The upside to that is we get a sonogram each month, going to bi-weekly, then weekly as the time closes in on us.  With my age and other medical conditions, this makes me high risk.  Thank goodness we have been down graded to a minor situation, so that makes me feel a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michele! I love that you created a blog! What is your exact due date? Can you believe soon enough there will be two little ones to chase! :) Hope to talk to you soon. --Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been on a blog before!!!!!!I am definitely your fan!!! Love You- Nana Rose

    ReplyDelete