Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby Update

At this point in the game, I am going to the doctor's twice a week.  At the beginning of the week, I see my OB and get a non-stress test (NST).  Basically I get to sit in a comfy chair and I am hooked up to the monitor so that the doctors and see the bay's heart rate.  Oh, and I get this super cool clicker thing that I push every time that the baby moves.  This way they can make sure the baby's movements are on target for where we are in the development stage.

At the end of the week I see the Perinatal doctor where I get my weekly sonogram.  The baby is really starting to look like a person now ... and I am getting really good and ready those grainy black & white images.  The ultrasound tech measures the baby every other week so that we have an idea of how big the baby is getting.  As of Friday, 9/24/10, the baby is weighing in at 6 lbs 4 oz.  As a point of reference, Zoey was 6 lbs 3 oz when she was born.  If this baby keeps gaining weight like it has been, this will be one big baby - yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment