Thursday, June 16, 2011

Travel

Well Josh has been traveling a lot these past few weeks ... it's always hard with him gone, but we've been doing our best while he is out bringing home the bacon.  Zoey has actually been on pretty good behavior, which is a nice turn of events.  Riley is a bit cranky, but that is primarily due to the fact that she is teething, so we'll cut her a break.  Nana & I are holding down the fort and watching what ever we want to on the TV (some good Lifetime TV movies and Real Housewives of NJ).

Zoey & I are starting to gear up for our road trip to NY.  It's going to be a long drive with the 2 kids, but we'll make it.  I've slowly been stocking up on stuff to keep Zoey busy in the car.  Cheap movies that she hasn't seen yet, new crayons and a sketch book.  The thing I dread the most is the packing, I guess it's because I am nervous that I will forget something important.  Granted I always start a packing list like 6 weeks before the trip and generally speaking I tend to remember to bring what we need, so I am not sure why I stress over it so much.  It's going to be a short trip, which stinks, but it will be a fun one, I am sure.  Looking forward to my sister Melissa's shower.  I am bummed that the red dress I ordered to wear makes me look like I am wearing a mumu, so I'll be sticking with the basic black cocktail dress.  Wonder how I can go about returning that dress.  I've been working on dresses for the girls, yes, they match.  The fabric I got is really cute.  Zoey's is all done, although it's a little longer than I wanted, so I think I'll do a quick hem job.  I still need to measure & cut out Riley's dress, considering that we are down to a week and counting, I guess I need to make that happen, and soon.

So last night on my way to book club, I had to pull over to the side of the road for a fire truck.  Well the thing is we were having a MAJOR rain storm, I was just before the bridge on Kimball and they are doing major road work over there.  So, needless to say there was no where for me to go but in the mud.  I was certain I was going to get stuck, luckily I didn't, but I did hear a ka-klunk noise and as soon as I got back on the road there was a slight shimmy to my wheel.  UGH!  With Josh out of town I was thinking about how/when I could bring my car in to be checked out before the NY trip.  Well, this morning driving 400 my bracelet and watch were rattling so loudly against one-another I had no choice but to call up KIA and ask if I could just come on in - thankfully they had an opening and thankfully it ended up just being mud in the wheel well and an alignment.  I was worried it was going to be a major (hence, more expensive) issue, but I walked away with only a $139 bill.

Josh is coming home tomorrow and he's looking forward to sleeping in for Father's Day ... I guess we can make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment