Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Swim Meet

Zoey had her first swim meet last Thursday at Martin's Landing subdivision.  She was in the first heat, and I was coming from work and had to park like 15 miles from the pool.  So, I ran ... in my wedges ... not my best decision ever, as I ended up taking a spill.  I scraped up my hands, banged my knee and landed right on my right foot.  It was swollen up after about an hour.  I was so close to the pool, I could hear them swimming and all the cheering.  Luckily Josh was able to take these videos on his phone so I could see what happened:



Zoey's group took first place in all the heats that she was in (Go Torpedoes!) and she received her 3 blue ribbons on Friday and she was so excited and we were so proud of her.  Although she practices with the 7-8 year olds, Zoey has to swim with the 6-year olds.  At first she was upset about this since most of her friends are in the 7-8 group, but she's come to terms with it.  It's to her advantage since this is her first time doing swim team.  We've got another swim meet tomorrow; this one at home.  Hopefully its another good event.

No comments:

Post a Comment