Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Turning 5

Today, my tiny baby girl turned 5 years old.  How on Earth did that happen?  Just 2 minutes ago she was the little bundle of joy.


These past 5 years have been an amazing gift to me - I can never thank Zoey enough for making me a Mom.  While we have had many challenges and growing pains, there have been so many wonderful moments and memorable occasions to outweigh them.  

Zoey & I spent a great deal of time together, having some much needed mommy & me time.  As wonderful of a big sister to Riley that Zoey is, it's easy to forget that Zoey needs to be babied some times too.  I took Zoey out for a burger at Steak N Shake, then we went to the movies to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie (super cute btw).  After the movies we were practically melting in this hot, hot Georgia sun, so we opted to cool off in the warm bath tub that we affectionately call the pool.

We gave Zoey her presents today ... a Hello Kitty guitar that she's been drooling over for some time.  I am not sure where the  idea came from, but that is what she wanted, so that is what she got.  Now we are contemplating guitar lessons.  Anyone know of a good (cheap) instructor who has the patients for a 5-year old?



I had bought a mini cake last night at Publix, but by this evening it was a bit melty.  Luckily it was still yummy



I am looking forward to what this next year will bring our way.  Zoey starts Kindergarten on 8/15 (tear), and that is the beginning of the next chapter of our lives.

Love you Zoey Lynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment