Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3-22-11 Laughing

I posted so quickly yesterday that I forgot to mention that Riley is laughing!!! She loves to laugh at her sister bouncing and also Nana found a tickle spot next to her surgery scar and I have found ones under her chin and at the top of her legs. It is absolutely one of the greatest sounds I have ever heard to hear her laugh. She is also starting to recognize us and smile when having not seen us for a while - it literally brings the greatest joy to me to see her smile and hear her laugh. For all of the issues that she and we have been through, she still can laugh and knowing that makes most of it worthwhile. So many never are able to hear their children laugh and those are the people that I am saddest for. Today though, I cried at hearing my youngest daughter giggle at my tickling her - it sounds ridiculous, but considering where we have come with her, it was the only way I knew how to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment