Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nemo

Well, we got a gold fish at the Barefoot in the Park Festival last Saturday and Zoey named him Nemo.  Needless to say, this was an unplanned fish, so little Nemo was living in one of my round flower vases and living off of Rice Krispies.  Last night when I got home from work, I noticed that Nemo was floating at the top of the vase ... not belly up, but when I tapped the glass, he didn't move at all.  With Josh out of town for work, it fell on me to break the news to Zoey that Nemo was no more.  Zoey was a little sad when I told her that we would have to flush Nemo down the toilet, and she wanted to say good-bye first.  We said a few words, then down the tube he went (back to the sea) - this is when Zoey broke down.  Poor little thing is just heart broken over her fish.  He was the last thing she mentioned before going to bed and the first thing when she woke up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment