Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spending the Day with my Girl

After starting my day snuggling with Zoey & playing a quick game of Memory, I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Riley at the hospital.  Josh spent the night there like the awesome dad that he is.  I don't know if it makes me a bad mom, but I just can't spend the night there.  It stresses me out too much and I end up with a migraine.  I know that Riley is in excellent care with the nursing staff there though.  Riley did a little snoozing after I first got there, so I settled in watched some TV and crocheted some booties.  After lunch, Riley I took a walk through the hospital.

One of the great things about Children's is that they have these little red wagons for the kids to ride in and their equipment is wireless.  I got Riley all comfy cozy in her wagon and off we went on a circuit tour of the hospital.  We even went outside into the garden and just say and enjoyed the fresh air for a few moments.  We spent a good deal of time in front of the fish tank and Riley seemed to really enjoy that.  Overall she had a great day.  No more throwing up (dad seems to be the lucky one for that), but I did get some raspberries and smiles out of the little one today.

Even though she is off the O2, we are still waiting for the all clear from the Pulmonologist before we can jet out of that place.  Of course they don't work on weekends, but what are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment