Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1-5-11 6pm

So another 24 hours in the hospital for my littlest one. Her temperature and heart rate have been brought under control. Her mucus production, pneumonia and O2 are in process. She is being given forced air and she still fluctuates up and down and every couple of hours her airways needs to be vacuumed out. She has slept most of the day, which is good. The cardiologists have told us that once we get the pneumonia under control and her O2 is consistently where it is supposed to be she will go home and she will go home with a definitive date for her open-heart surgery (4 - 6 weeks from now) - also good. Come that date we will have to see if she has any cold/flu symptoms as they don't want to put someone on a ventilator or bypass machine if they have sickness, but if her heart failure is going faster then expected then we will way the pluses and minuses.

I think that Michele and I are both handling this hospital visit better than her first time here. Michele is going to work and going home with Zoey and my work has been wonderful enough to allow me to work from the Hospital and I spend my nights with Riley. This way we can still raise our oldest child, but be here for any Doctor talks that we need to be here for.  I had 4 conference calls today and thankfully little miss Riley was asleep during most of them and the nurses are phenomenally respectfull of me being on the phone.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts - it didn't help us with the Mega Millions jackpot, but it is helping my little rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment