Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/15/11

We are finally starting to get into a routine with Riley & Zoey.  Riley is finally starting to feel better which is evident in how frequently we see smiles now and how often we hear her cooing at us.  It is such a delight to have this personality back in our lives after having Riley not feeling well for so long.  Hopefully this keeps up.  If we do not hear back from the nurse by Monday we're supposed to call and find out a surgery date (finally).  As much as I don't want my baby to have open heart surgery, I am looking forward to getting this part of our lives behind us so that we can face whatever the next challenge is.

I am so glad to have Josh as my partner in this.  As overwhelming as this can be, we've been pretty good about taking turns breaking down.  I hope that I am as good for Josh as he has been for me.  He is an amazing dad and is just so great in taking care of Riley and encouraging Zoey to be the best big sister that she can be.

Starting next week, we get back on track with Riley's doctor's appointments.  She start with the cardiologist, then pediatrician.  Soon after we have another appointment with the GI doctor and then it will be time for her Synagis shot which helps prevent RVS again.

No comments:

Post a Comment