Thursday, February 24, 2011

The end of the PreOp day

So we finally left the hospital around 4 pm, finally.  Josh stuck to our PreOp home base room to finish talking with the surgical fellow and sign the surgical consent forms, and Riley & I took a mini-tour of the hospital.  We first went to Radiology and had her chest x-ray done, then we went off to the Lab to have some blood drawn.  About 45 minutes later we headed over to get an Echo of her heart.  That took almost 2 hours!  If they are not prepped for surgery tomorrow, it sure won't be for lack of pictures of her heart.  They were quite thorough ... not that I am complaining, I'd rather they be thorough with my baby's heart.

We're as ready as we are going to be for the big day.  I'm sure it's going to be a lot of sitting around and waiting, but they need to take all the time that they need

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Tomorrow Riley Rose! I love you all so much you know if you need me I'm only a call away. I will check the blog for updates my heart is down there with you guys. Miss you and Love You <3

    ReplyDelete