Sunday, February 27, 2011

Holding Riley

Today I am feeling a lot more comfortable holding my baby.  Shortly after I arrived at the hospital, Riley woke fussing a little bit, so I scooped her up as I was advised is the best way to pick her up.  Picking her up calmed her right down.  I took her to the rocking chair and held & talked to her until she fell back asleep.  It's an amazing feeling to hold her and know that we are not hurting her - that was a big fear of mine, that holding her would not feel good to her.  Of course as soon as I put her back in her crib, Riley woke right back up.  Right now she & Josh are listening to music on the iTouch and Riley is singing along, just as she did before the surgery.  This is something that we didn't think would happen right away.  Josh even got the nurses to give us a spoon so that we could reintroduce that to her.  She took right to it and has now rediscovered that her fingers & thumbs can still go in her mouth.  She seems to be feeling better today than yesterday; I can only hope that each day that goes by makes her feel even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment