Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not Sleeping

The last two nights have been pretty rough for me.  As tired as I am, I am  not able to sleep.  I have been tossing & turning all night and just doozing here and there.  By this morning, my eyes were a bit puffy and I have a nagging headache from the lack of sleep.  I know this has to do with the fact that Riley's surgery is only 2 days away.  Beyond the basic fear of the surgery, I am afraid that all the progress we have achieved will be washed away after the surgery.  Riley has been so chatting and smiley the last couple of days (even talking in her sleep), it just breaks my heart to think that by Friday afternoon (or evening depending on surgery time) she is going to be in pain.  There is no way about that one, my poor sweet 5-month old baby will be hurting, not cooing and enjoying life.

On a good note, Zoey started her soccer practice last night at Newtown Park.  Zoey is on the Sharks, a co-ed 4-year old team.  Josh was able to take her to her 5:00 practice and he told us that the coach was shocked that this is the first time that Zoey has played on a soccer team.  She was a great listener and had a lot of fun running after her purple soccer ball.  Zoey came home thrilled to tell me & Nana all about her practice and the things that they did.  She is eagerly looking forward to her 1st game on March 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment