Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pre PreOp Day

So I have been getting some sleep unlike my poor wife, but that is only because Zoey has been running me around the back yard with her best Mia Hamm impression. My big girl did very very well at her first soccer practice and I fully expect the US National Woman's team to show up at our door at some point in the next week. I am very happy that she enjoys a sport - I think it will be incredibly helpful as she grows up to be involved in a team. I think it will help her self esteem and build her confidence - things that as a father of a girl I am always worried about.

My littlest one is sleeping restfully not knowing that we now count the time away from her surgery in hours and not days. She has been very chatty and wonderfully smiley the last couple of days. She has also started to enjoy the eating, even smiling and talking throughout her meals. Like Michele I am worried about how far she will backslide after surgery. No matter how far we will pick her up and run back up the hill.

I am glad that her surgery is here in a way - this way she and we can start tackling whatever is next on her list. I am more scared then I expected though. I fear for the moment when I have to hand my baby over again to the nurses on Friday. I fear for the first time I see her after surgery and I am in deep fear of the moments when she starts to wake up from the surgery and has that awful scared look in her eyes. While we will all look back on these days as huge milestones and joyous 'moving forward' type days - I fear that when we are in the middle of them they will feel anything but joyous.

Thank you again to everyone for their thoughts - our daughter and all the other children who will be around her will need them. Keep watching the blog on Friday for updates as I don't know how many people we will be able to directly update. We will post tomorrow what time the surgery is supposed to start and then Friday we will post when it actually starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment