Sunday, November 28, 2010

11-28-10

So I haven't posted in a while - I realized when I was in Chicago for work (and my newest daughter was rushed to the hospital again) that I hadn't actually just enjoyed Riley for what she is, my new daughter. I had so many concerns running through my brain regarding what we were going through currently and then her future instead of just enjoying some of her in the present.

I love her little grunts when she wants to try and talk. She also can be very active with her arms and legs for a couple of hours every day - it is almost like she wants to get up and run. She is starting to look into your eyes now, which is such a nice feeling to know that she knows us.

I am going to continue to try and enjoy Riley 'in the moment' and not worry about the future. It is difficult as you look at her feeding tube or worry about her having trouble breathing, but there are other moments when she is just being a baby - those are what I have to try and focus on. It is a daily struggle for me, but I will continue to try. Thank you again to everyone for all of their thoughts and assistance, the caring from others continues to overwhelm Michele and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment