Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

We had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving at home.  Thanksgiving is usually my holiday to host (Love Thanksgiving!), but I wasn't feeling up to it, Dawn invited us to her house but I didn't feel comfortable taking Riley out to an all day social event quite yet (we're afraid she mat be coming down with a cold), so we said we'd do dessert over there.  We had ourselves a 9.5 pound turkey, with all the yummy sides.  Grandpa is visiting so we had company and Riley was all decked out in her Thanksgiving day outfit.  We enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV and just a nice day overall.  Sadly both my and Dawn's turkey's took a little longer to cook than expected, so we ended up having dessert at home.  Zoey was an awesome eater ... something that we continue to struggle with lately, but just for dinner, not everything else.


Josh & I did the whole Black Friday thing ... a first for me, but Josh has been doing it ever since Zoey was an infant and we were up with her for feedings.  Thanks to all of Josh's traveling we had lots of points from Capital One and it was a better deal for us to use the cash option and just buy stuff we wanted/needed then use their catalogue.  I did get a new Dyson and have been vacuuming everything imaginable.  Love my new Dyson!  ... and saved almost $200 on that sucker (yep, pun intended)

Now we are enjoying some time with my dad (who's feeling under the weather), my sister Melissa and future brother-in-law, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment