Saturday, November 6, 2010

11-6-10

So the other night was certainly a test of our new parenting knowledge and skills. Thankfully I listened in the 2nd to last day of Riley's 1st Egleston visit and after her initial shock Michele performed wonderfully. Nana got Zoey upstairs and out of the line of fire. Anne got Zoey's car seat out of Michele's car so Michele could sit next to Riley on the way to the emergency room and Aunt Nellie got us some of the supplies that we needed during the 'procedure'.

I certainly would never wish what happened to Riley on her, but I am very glad that I could finally do something to help my little flower. She is such a strong girl. Besides having the dirty diaper and a couple of seconds while they took her 1st blood pressure at the emergency room - she was either asleep or perfectly content about what was going on. More poking and proding and almost absolute serenity from our littlest one.

She has been through so much and has so much more to go through, but she is so calm and brave through all of it. I know it is ridiculous to say that a month old has bravery or courage or any 'attributes' that we associate with older humans - but in this little girls case I see it on an almost daily basis. How she sits there and takes all of what is happening to her, I just don't know. She has gone through more trials and tribulations in her first 30 days then I have gone through in my over 35 years and she is taking better then I ever could/would. She is a joy to be around and her simple personality gives me so much strength.

Zoey's pre-k had their fall festival today. Nana, Aunt Nellie, Zoey and I went over for about an hour and she had a lot of fun and won a lot of prizes. She is wonderfully loving and helpful with Riley. She is taking her big sister role and running with it. The wonderful little girl that she has become brings such joy to my life. She will be a wonderful person as she grows and an amazing example for her little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment