Sunday, November 7, 2010

11/7/10

Today has been a nice Sunday at the Jacobs house.  We had more "typical" night with Riley waking up a couple of times to get some attention from mom & dad.  We've been enjoying having Riley at home, despite all the tubes and slight drama from the other night.  I am looking forward to the time when we move from a continuous feed to a bolus feed so that Riley will have more mobility.

Zoey went to her friend Kiley's birthday party at Build-a-Bear.  What a fun time she had; I had no idea that you could even have a party there.  It was nice to have some time with Zoey outside of the house and away from her little sister.  Zoey is a wonderful big sister and she continues to amaze me with her loving attitude towards Riley, but I want her to know that she is still special to me, even though she may not get my 100% attention any more.

Tomorrow we are going to try using the back pack setup for Riley's feedings as we are going to make a journey downtown to DFACS to get Riley's Medicaid situation rolling.  I got us denied through the SSA and now have to apply for the Katie Beckett Deeming Waiver.  What an ordeal this is going to be, but hopefully after all the bureaucracy and paperwork Riley will be approved and we will have some assistance with her medical bills.  I literally cannot imagine what those are going to look like.  Cross your fingers that we can navigate this with some ease!

No comments:

Post a Comment