Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another ER Visit

So last night I tried to have a nice night out at Book Club ... well that was not going to happen for me.  Riley's g-tube broke (again) and I had to take her back to the ER at Egleston.  Luckily Dawn was able to take a ride with me as Josh is in Chicago.  I cannot believe that this tube only lasted 13 days!!!!  F-ing unbelievable ... you can be I dropped quite a few F-bombs before getting there (good thing Zoey was already in bed).

We had a repeat of the last ER visit, complete with the same Radiologist.  Luckily this time we had Jason, the best ER Nurse ever.  Jason had worked for Kimberly Clark, the manufacturer of the g-tube, and he shared with me that despite the fact that we were told (and the doctors actually did it) to inflate the balloon with 5 cc's of water, he said due to the size, we'd be better off with only 3 cc's, that we may actually be over inflating it.  Hopefully this is the problem and we won't be back to the ER in another 2 weeks.  Or maybe it would be 3 weeks as the first time was 1 week, then we lasted 2 weeks this time.

Let me tell you this ... if this g-tube freaking breaks, I will be showing up at Kimberly Clark with the 3 broken g-tubes in hand (Dawn has volunteered to drive me there as they are right in Roswell).  They will not have seen the likes of this pissed off mommy.  I pray for their sakes that the tube stays in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment