Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8/10

And so it began ... I officially started the process to get the Katie Beckett Demming Waiver for Riley.  I went down to the DFACS office in Atlanta and received an application.  Good thing that I stayed there to fill it out because I did have a question.  In asking my question I got put with a supervisor.  He took the time to sit with me and show me that there were in fact, quite a few more forms to fill out.  I am so glad to have found this man, otherwise I would have done the little tiny application, returned it and then had to go back in to fill out more papers.  There are even 3 packets that the pediatrician's office has to fill out for us too.  Luckily they seem to know what to do, and now I am just waiting for them to call me when the paperwork is completed.  The next step will be to return the entire packet to the DFACS office and meet with a temporary Case Worker.  Hopefully I will provide them everything that they need so we have no hold ups in the process.

Tomorrow is Cardiology day.  Riley will be meeting with her Cardiologist in the Alpharetta office.  I have to say that we are so lucky to have the new Pediatric building right in Old Milton, since we will be going to see Dr. Sallee & Dr. Iannucci on a regular basis it makes it a lot nicer not to have to travel to Kingdom Come and back every week.  Evidently this appointment will take 2 - 2 1/2 hours ... I am not quite sure what they will be doing to the poor baby since they did have her on the CICU floor at Egleston, I kind of figured that they know all about her at this point.  I did receive a packet in papers to fill out today to bring with me (good timing form the USPS!).  I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment