Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/11/10 7:30pm

So Michele and I ended up back at the hospital today as my wife's doctors visit did not go well today. She had a phenomenally low blood pressure, she was still bleeding profusely 5 weeks after the birth and the ultrasound showed that there was still some left over 'stuff' in her uterus. I love my wife dearly, but she pushed it the past two weeks - she has been bleeding severely and getting light headed. I begged her to call her doctor, her family asked her, and her friends asked her. It took her almost passing out multiple times in one night for her to finally do something. Again - I love her with all of my heart - but she has to take care of herself because the rest of us have tried and she won't listen. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for her. We should be going home at some point tonight and she should be feeling much better as soon as tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last Thursday that we are in a Hospital (if you are counting at home - we are up to 5 in a row). I am really starting to hate the look of scrubs, the smell of the cleaning products, and having to fill out forms that say it is ok if someone dies from a procedure.  You sign those forms without thinking, but your brain actually hears what they are saying and what the paper says - then you go sit in a room and you try and do anything to not think about that awful piece of paper. I have now signed that piece of paper for 2 of the 3 woman in my charge in the past 2 weeks. I just want to stop signing those papers that make it seem like it is ok if someone screws up when they have their hands in someone I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment