Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10 4pm

So I have gotten to spend the afternoon with Riley and will be doing the 5pm feeding and mom will come down for bedtime and the 8pm feeding. Let me let you know some of the personality that momma and I have seen so far:

1) She has very good use of her hands and is very graby. When she did have the air in her nose, she loved to try and pull them out of her nose - she was very successful. She was even able to pull out the IVs that they had in each of her hands and have had to put her IV in her head (scary looking, but the best spot for an infant IV supposedly). We also have put pink socks on her hands and tapped them on so that she couldn't grab stuff anymore. Even now with her eye shades and sock mittens on she constantly pulls at her 'shades' that she has on for her billirubin treatment. So she seems to be very good with her hands.

2) She also has a very strong set of legs. Michele used to always tell Zoey and I (and honestly anyone that would sit still for more then 10 seconds) about how much her little one used to move inside of her belly. Well that has continued, she is able to push herself up almost her full body length when she wants to. She's got some muscles in her legs and even when she is sleeping, she seems to like to keep them moving.

3) When she is awake and has her shades off, she is a very curious little girl. She constantly is looking around at all the noises from the NICU and she will look into your face for extended periods of time - so I think she will be like Zoey and Daddy, very curious. 

4) She likes very much to have human touch. If and when she does fuss, which is very little, she calms right down if you put your hand on her chest/belly or hold her hand.

5) She doesn't really cry at all, very small little whines, but nothing serious or loud. We think that Zoey has got the market cornered on being cranky. So she may be a very mellow child.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing-it is wonderful to hear all these little tidbits- although I want to be there it makes me feel like I am. I spoke to Michele (I woke her up- very sorry) and told her this- Please let me know when it is a good time for me to come visit. It's just so hard that you are so far away. I love you all very much. Hugs and kisses to Zoey Lynn and Riley Rose. (did I tell you I love her name?) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Nana Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. love and kisses and good prayers from Jordan - friend of the family

    ReplyDelete