Saturday, October 30, 2010

10-30-10 4pm WOW

OK - so the doctors, nurses and Michele and I had a nice discussion around 12:30pm about Riley's future and they all feel that she will be going home on Tuesday, so Michele and I elected to ask for her to stay here. They admitted that someone should have told us about the later rounds time yesterday and when I tried to apologize for my frustration, they wouldn't let me - they really are all phenomenal at what they do.

So Michele and I are going to need to start training on the tube/feeding/taking care of our newest daughter. We also will be seeing an immunologist to make sure that her immunities are good. She will go home on calcium supplements to make sure that she keeps good levels - this is for her heart issue as well as preventing skeletal malformation and seizures.

This step down area is wonderful. We have a private room, with a shower, bathroom, a couch/bed, chair and desk. The folks over here have been wonderful. Just while I was typing this, we have met with the head immunologist who also happens to run the Southwest Center of Excellence for 22q. It looks as though we will possibly be going home on Monday if things keep going good. Also while typing we just heard from the home pump people and they are going to bring all our equipment and train us here in the hospital tomorrow at 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment