Thursday, October 7, 2010

10-7-10 5pm

Midwife and nurse were here and Michele's blood sugar was way down (it should be around 100 and it was at 53) so they had her drink some juice - normally a no no on the epidural. There has been very little movement (I won't go into gory detailes, but for those in the know she needs to be at 10 and she is at 6.5 after being at 4.5 about 4 hours ago). The midwife has put her in a new position to get the baby to come down, but isn't coming back till around 7pm. So who knows if we have a baby tonight or not, but at some point my wife and this midwife need to be ok with other paths because doing this for more then 2 days is not good for Michele's or the babies bodies.

6 comments:

  1. She needs to deliver because they broke her water. Hang in there. And yes- they need to do what's best and I am sure they will. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing great. Stay calm and positive. If she happens to need a "C" that will be okay too. I happen to know a wonderful little boy who came into the world that way :) I'm here if you need me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This baby needs to come out!!!! I don't want my neice to suffer anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was from me.....Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doing well, Michele, babies take their time coming into this world. I know you'll do whatever you have to do to bring a healthy baby into this world. Lots of hugs and kisses to you my girl, hang in there Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't take chances with your health though! :)The baby doesn't care how he/she arrives!

    ReplyDelete