Friday, October 22, 2010

10/22/10 - 8:42 am

So, it's good to know that I am "normal", or so my therapist tells me.  Evidently my crying jags are totally okay, and I am behaving as anyone in this kind of crazy situation would.  Good to know.

Riley had a good day overall yesterday.  She was sleeping nice & calmly when we first got to the hospital, but then she woke up when she heard us talking and was wide awake and seemed to be enjoying the attention from her mom & grandparents.

I went & did something "normal" for myself and got a haircut.  I feel so much better just to do that one simple thing.  Since my haircut was in the middle of the day, I picked up Zoey a little early from school and brought her back down to the hospital so that she could have a nice mid-week visit with her sister.  Zoey is absolutely precious with Riley; she is so gentle and loving when she touches Riley.  Zoey even sang a couple of songs and gave Riley some kisses for her 2 week birthday.

As excited as I am to be getting the surgery scheduled, I am coming up with a million questions.  If we can get this thing officially schedule, then we can finally talk to the surgeon and maybe get some answers.  First & foremost I want to know how long the surgery will take and what it actually entails.  What will post-op be like?  Will Riley be in pain?  If so, can they give her something?  When will they start using the g-tube? Right away, or does it need time to heal first?  I guess these kinds of things will keep popping into my head right until surgery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment