Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31/10 - 11:25 am

So the g-tube guy got here at 11:15 am for our 10:00 am appointment.  Good thing we didn't have anything to do but sit around & wait for him.  He showed us how to operate the pump and associated equipment.  Thank goodness it is very simple ... so easy a Caveman could do it.  We even have a little back pack to hold everything if we need to be mobile.

Now we need to get the training from the nurse on how to handle the Riley part of the feeding.  That's where we need the real help.  Evidently there is a slim chance of the g-tube coming out, but they have assured us that we, yes Josh & I, will be able to put a new one in.  I find that a little freaky, but I'll have to believe them on that.

We are now one step closer to bringing Riley home with our necessary training.  Infant CPR - check.  Feeding pump training - check.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that Riley will finally be getting home to you all - I'm sure it'll be crazy the first with all the new things to learn, but I'm sure once you get the hang of it all, you'll all be able to relax more and Michele, hopefully you'll be able to get the rest you need to heal.

    It is sad to think of the other parents who are struggling with much sicker children, I hope their families stay as strong as you all have to get through whatever troubles they may face in the future.

    John & I are still praying for you all and sending our love your way - the video of Riley is so adorable :) it makes us feel closer to her than some hundreds of miles away - Riley just has a bright light in her eyers that is so obvious, I know this light is just a glimpse into what she will become during the rest of her life! I heard that song "Just the way you are" on the radio the other day and all I could think of was Riley; I know it means something much different to Bruno Mars, who sings it (especially specific parts) but in general I love the song and to me, I think of Riley and its sort of inspiring, b/c we love her just the way she is! We all of course want her to get all the surgeries needed to make her even better, but good, bad, tubes, no tubes, the love doesnt change, it only gets stronger!!

    "when she smiles, the whole world stops and stares for a while" which is true in our world :0) when we see a new pic of Riley smiling, we all just stare and smile back!!

    Love you guys!! here's a link to that song, I'm sure you've heard it on the radio by now :0)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5lO4hEAJHU

    ReplyDelete