Thursday, October 7, 2010

10-7-10 8am

So we are starting the petocin again this morning. Michele has had the new drug in her, that is supposed to help, since 4am this morning, so the two drugs combined should be the push over the top. We have had some great nurses the whole time we have been here and today they asked us if it was ok if a nursing student helped out. This is her last day of her rotation around all the different women's center units - so hopefully we can get her a baby early.

It is strange how Michele and I are approaching this baby differently and to me it illustrates the fundamental difference between men and women. Michele is obviously worried about the baby and very excited to meet him/her. I am worried about her health and am most excited about Zoey meeting her younger sibling. (we are both vice versa but certainly not to the extremes that the other is). Michele is connected to the baby - obviously, and I am connected to the two people that I know and can touch and interact with. Women are so connected to their children when they come out due to them having spent 9 months 'getting to know them' - I will certainly love this little one once I meet them, but I don't have the connection that my wife has, but as with Zoey within 6 months this one will be the center of my world as well.

Now we just wait for the midwife to come in and do some checks.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! Good Luck & I hope this baby gets here soon!! Thanks for the updates!! :) Were all thinking of you guys and can't wait to see a pic of your new addition! love ya all, love Melissa*

    ReplyDelete