Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/24/10 - 7:40 pm

I spent a nice afternoon with my two girls at the hospital.  Zoey is absolutely precious with her little sister.  She just loves holding Riley, and is so tender when she is holding her.  I am so blessed to have these two little angels in my life.  It amazing to me to look at a newborn picture of Zoey and see how much Riley resembles her.  I am sure, even now, that they will have two very different personalities.  Zoey is headstrong and independent --- to the point where it's her way of the highway.  Riley seems to be much more laid back.  I think she is a super tough little girl, and I am quite certain that she will continue to amaze me in everything that she will face in her life.



Riley got a chance to enjoy her bouncy seat today ... twice!  Once with daddy and once with me.  It seems like she really enjoys it.  She was awake and enjoying the different perspective of her room, then I turn on the noise machine attached to the seat and the eyes closed almost immediately.  Riley even got her first Patriots shirt today.  All 4 of us were decked out for a Patriots win.


I worry for my husband, despite all of the good news we have been having lately.  Josh is pulled so thin lately, between work, the hospital and his family, I don't think he knows which way to go.   I know that he is not sleeping because he simply cannot turn off his brain for even a little while.  Josh is an amazing man, his one true fault (although there are several superficial ones!) is that he is a "fixer".  To Josh, not being able to fix anything for the people he cares about is a failure in himself.  So not being able to fix the things that ail his tiny 2 week old daughter is absolutely killing him.  It truly breaks my heart to see this affecting him so badly.   He is trying to be so strong for everyone right now, and I know especially for me.  I have been dealing with my own grief & guilt that I fear I have been sadly neglecting his feelings, and for that I am truly sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting those pics - it looks like Riley has already changed, she definately looks bigger and it looks like her face has changed a little to me from other pictures you've shared! Zoey and Riley together are so adorable! I'm sure Zoey is just the happiest she can be when she's with her baby sister, I can't wait to see them together! I'm glad you guys have a tentative plan to follow now for Riley and her recovery. Love you all and can't wait to see more pics! Love Melissa

    ReplyDelete