Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/26/10 - 7:00 pm

I spent some time earlier today with Riley and my mom at the hospital.  It's so nice to walk into her cubicle in the NICU and see her bright eyes open wide and looking right at me.  Granted, I'm convinced that Riley saves up her poops until I get there, but that is okay, I'm a poop-changing professional now.

Riley's nurse and case worker got the confirmation call today that she will be transported to Egleston tomorrow.  They will run a series of blood work and scans as part of her pre-op admission.  Thursday will be the big day ... Surgery Day (well the first of at least 2 and maybe three Surgery Days).  They are anticipating that Riley will be moved back to Northside by Saturday depending on how well she does with her surgery & recovery.  It will be nice to be back in a hospital that we now know like the back of our hands.  Heck, I've been giving out directions to lost looking relatives.  The only thing we don't know are times ... when they are going to pick her up ... what time the surgery will be.  I guess we will find out all in good time.  Evidently it is quite common for the transport team to call and say, "oh, we're on our way"

Tomorrow will be a day of hurry up and wait for Josh & I.  Luckily Josh will be telecommuting from the hospitals tomorrow and Thursday so that we can wait around for all those particulars.  Luckily I am working on a new blanket for Riley, so this will give me plenty of time to work on it and to get reading my next book club book as I am confident that Riley will be a-okay and I will be able to enjoy a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment