Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10-6-10 4:45pm

So the midwife came back to check on the baby's position and it is still very high up. They did an ultrasound and the baby was just chilling out with its hand on its chin. Michele's contractions are regular and strong enough that she has had to take some medicine to lighten them up a bit, but the baby isn't complicit on our eviction plan. We are waiting for the doctor and midwife to come back with a plan, but Michele and I are of the opinion that we stop trying tonight and start all over tomorrow. My focus is my beautiful wife and to see her going through pain, with no food, no sleep and not having any progress besides pain does not seem to be like the path that I want for my family.

Sorry, just had the nurse come in.

We are going to stop the pitocin try today and restart tomorrow morning with a different drug. So we now know that neither of our children listen to their parents - Zoey has turned out to be a wonderfuly independent little person, so I take this childs push back against our authority to be a good start. Thanks for all the notes and unless things change drastically you won't hear from us till tomorrow morning.

Love to all

3 comments:

  1. So now I'm a follower of yours. Hope you both have a good night and try to get some rest.

    Love you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindy- glad to see you're on.
    Michele and Josh- Hang in there you two- and I hope you get some rest. You have lots of us out here thinking of you and praying for you and sending good thoughts. I wish I could be there- but I'm there in spirit. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys I'm so excited I want you to know your wonderful news brought some joy to a very sad day my friend was having so thank you to my little niece or nephew for trying to come out. Since the painted pic I am now refering to the baby as my little pumpkin :). Thanks for listening to my requests Mich the baby will be a Libra and there will be plenty of time to visit for the baby's bday every year and still get home to celebrate mine. (Leave it to me to make it all about me) but all kidding aside I love you both very much you are wonderful parents to Zoey and you will be wonderful parent to our new little pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete