Thursday, October 7, 2010

10-7-10 11:45am

Michele will be getting her epidural around 1pm and then the midwife will give us an estimated time. She is resting now as she was given a lighter pain medication as the contractions had gotten pretty painful. I am so proud of what my wife has gone through twice now for our family. She is certainly stronger then I am and she has brought Zoey and soon our new little one into my life and for that I will never be able to thank her enough - but I will spend the rest of my life trying.

I sit here thinking of the future for this child that we are bringing into this world and it is scary and exciting all at the same time. She could cure cancer, she could live on the moon, or she could just be the happiest person at whatever she ends up doing. But she will also have to live in a world where kids bully each other into killing themselves, where psychopaths steal children, and we go send 18 year olds half way around the globe to fight so we can have a $2.50 gallon of gas. Despite this or maybe because of it I will still marvel at the first time that this little one smiles, laughs, says I love you and dances with her big sister. This day makes me gloriously happy, but also so worried for the child that we bring into this world - this makes me just like every other parent who has ever brought a child into the world.

2 comments:

  1. yes- we all feel that way and we have to trust in God to protect and care for our families. PS- it never goes away- my parents still worry about me, yours about you, Michele's about her- once you have a child you are bonded forever in the most awesome emotion unparallelled by any other. By the way- Why do you keep saying "she"? Do you know something I don't????? I am sitting here at my desk sending the most positive vibes to Michele that I can. And thank you very much for the updates- it's getting Melissa and I through the day. Love you all- Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and yes- I agree that Michele is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete