Monday, October 18, 2010

10/17/10 - 8:00 pm

Today has been a nice, calm, uneventful day.  Exactly the kind of day that we like.  Riley was awake for a big chunk of time when we were visiting earlier in the day.  It's like she knows that she has visitors, and doesn't want to miss out on any of the fun.  I promised her that I would hold her until she fell asleep, but she was totally fighting it.

Riley got another bath, so she was nice & clean and sweet smelling.  She was having a lot of mucus, which is part of her swallowing issue, so we had to use the blue bulb suction thingy and the nurses and to use that industrial suction hose on her several times a day.  Josh & I both think getting one of those things for the house would be a great investment.

Josh &  I came back up to the hospital this evening and I was able to do a little skin-to-skin with my little starfish.  Riley seemed to really like it and settled down all calm while nestled into my chest.  Hopefully we'll be able to do that more often as it is good for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment