Saturday, October 9, 2010

10-9-10 6pm

For the last 3 hours without the oxygen tubes, Riley's O2 levels have been very good and her breathing has been moderate (which is good for her). We were also able to feed her for the first time - she took her whole bottom and she burped.


When we left about 25 minutes later she had not spit up, also another prerequisite for going home. She is still going to have to stay in the NICU for a little while as we have a lot of tests that we are awaiting results on and she has to do the breathing eating thing for 24 - 48 hours (don't we all).

As I sat with my new daughter for the first time and fed her, I cried as it was the first time that I felt that she was truly happy in her new life. She didn't have to many tubes in her, she could look her family in the eyes and she was getting a full belly without throwing up all over herself. This has lifted Michele and I's spirit to the highest point yet since Riley has been born. We will face whatever adversity we as a family have coming knowing that there are so many incredible people who have our little one in her thoughts.

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Thats great news that Riley is progressing so quickly - not really surprising since both of you are such strong people. You're both great parents and I know you will conquer any issues that may arise - we love you all so much and love to see the new pics! Riley is so precious, my mom & I just bought the cutest little premie clothes - I'll be sending them Monday. As you already know, we will always love Riley and Zoey no matter what!! xoxox Give my new niece a kiss from her Aunt Melissa!

    ReplyDelete