Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/21/10 - 8:45 am

Josh is on the road today for work, so it will just be me today (most likely).  I have a busy day starting with seeing my therapist.  I am so glad that she was able to work me in today as I think it will help to talk to someone that is completely uninvolved in Riley's life.  So much has happened in the last 2 weeks, it actually feels like 2 months have gone by already.

Hopefully we will hear soon about Riley's surgery so that we can get a definite date & time on the books as they will still need to transport Riley via ambulance to the hospital.  I know it's selfish, but I just want to get this going so that we can start Riley's recovery and road home.  In my head, I know that getting Riley home isn't going to magically heal her, but it will help us to get back to a "normal" routine.  At least what will become normal to us anyway.

According to Riley's nurse, Ginger, she gained 0.10 ounces last night bringing her up to a whopping 5 lbs 12.6 oz.  Every bit counts, that's for sure!  I plan on making 2 trips today to the hospital.  The 1st one after my therapist appointment, then again after I pick up Zoey.  Zoey had a rough night last night and the littlest things were making her cry her little heart out.  This is yet another reason that I want Riley to come home.  I think that when Zoey is more involved in her life, it may seem more real to her.  I know only visiting once in a while and having mommy & daddy spending all sorts of time at the hospital has to be hard on her.  I'm definitely babying Zoey a little more right now, but in my heart I am sure that is what she needs from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment