Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8 - 5:45 am

I had a pretty rought night last night.  After craving tons of food all day, and being stuck on the IV and foodless, it was kind of a shock that when I was actaully given some craxkers and juice, I coulnd't keep them dowm.  Poor Josh had his hand fuul between holfding Riley and trying to get me the small puke bucket.  The nursery nurse came in to weigh, measure and bath Riley.  Despite my thoughts that she was going to be a min of 7 lbs, Riley is just a peanut at 5 lbs 10 oz and 19 " long.  However the heating pad in the baby center thingy wasn't working and the nurse decided to bring Riley up to the nursery for her 1st bath.  Being that I felt like death warmed over, Josh & I decided that it would be best for Riley to spend the night with the more qualified nurses.

Thank goodness this morning, I have been able to keep down some crackers and that is making me feel a ton better.  However, just at Josh was getting himself together to go fetch Riley from the nursery, Jessica the nursery nurse came down to give up an update.  Evidently, trying to follow in her big sister's footsteps, Riley turned a little blue.  Could be the extra mucus in her lungs, but they brought her to the NICU to be checked out.  Better safe than sorry I say.  Josh has headed up there to check things out and to bring me back an update on our new daugher.

No comments:

Post a Comment